SCCI (Lisa out of town)
Totally silly something related that will only make sense in certain cultural contexts: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/and-on-the-eighth-day-god-created-content
Read for Class:
- Skim Content Management Bible, 2nd Edition Ch. 7-8
- Advantages of a Content Management System
- Experience maps
- Skim: https://blog.intercom.io/podcast-karen-mcgrane-on-content_strategy/
Do for class:
- Send questions if you have them about your CMS assignment. Reminder: it’s due next week.
- Consider how the experience map and discussion intersects with the topic map and channel map and research from earlier in the term. The idea of the experience map and connecting the work done with it will become increasingly important as you move toward your content strategy final project. It also plays a role into the template and style guide. If you don’t see how these things fit together, then write down some questions and we’ll talk about them next week.
- Create a visually enhanced document (an infographic would be an example of this) that explains the key concepts from the readings, Emily’s presentation and the importance to a content strategist. Email this to me by the end of the day on the 24th.
Here are some of the infographics you created. Take a moment to look at them and be prepared to discuss them in class on 3-2.