We will be holding class online. Be on the lookout for more instructions on the hows of this.
Topic: Accessibility and Making Connections
Read for Class:
- Accessibility links
- http://www.usability.gov/accessibility (skim and look around)
- Dush: When writing becomes content
Do for class:
- Perform an accessibility audit of a website
- Write a paper that critiques and analyzes the Dush article. Some things to consider is whether you believe her argument and if so, why? if not, why? Think of her perspective in light of what we’re read and done in class.
- Discussion of accessibility (with access exercise of different disabilities)
- Discussion of Dush and how it applies to our learning objectives and your projects
- Finish up our in-class example
- Answer ?’s about your projects