Topic: Matching Content Strategy to UX, IA, and organizational strategies
Read for Class:
- How UX and Content Strategy are Related
- Why content reigns supreme in UX
- Designing for Break Points
- Skim Glushko, Discipline of organizing: chapters 1-3 found in Safari Books Online
- Content Modelling
Do for class:
- think back to the concept presentation on Information architecture (and maybe skim this overview). Then consider the intersections of UX, content strategy and information architecture. Draw some sort of visual that shows your interpretation of this relationship and bring it to class with you printed out.
- What questions do you have about the reading? Consider in particular the relationship of the modelling/organizing information to what we’ve previously discussed.
- Complete/read this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Acrolinx-Research2016A19 and be prepared to discuss this.
- Concept Presentation on SEO and social Media: Tommy
- Plays on the relationship of UX, IA, organizational startegies and content management
- Answer questions regarding the readings and where we’re at in the course
- Discussion of the workplace survey and what it tells you about how CS/CM is practiced
- Managing content exercise
- Questions about CMS assignment
- Questions about what you need to do next week