Topic: foundational definitions
Do for class:
- Find one of the CCCCs statements on something that seemed to resonate with you. See here: https://cccc.ncte.org/cccc/resources/positions It would also be a good idea to invoke your google skills to see if you can locate previous versions to do a quick glance at what may have changed. A number of have been updated in the last few years.
- The other thing I want y’all to do is use your resources (broadly defined and individually interpreted) to locate a timeline or linear breakdown about the movements within the academic discipline of composition. So for example, there have been some major shifts and changes in how we teach writing. There have been a number of these that have posted publicly using literal timeline apps or they are more verbal/descriptive. Post a link to the timeline thing you find: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kmhnx-3ok5LLa6xAn-JKhuN8Mn5loLmWRu1T5spbYdI/edit?usp=sharing
- discussion of your found timelines and statements
- what composition studies as an academic field has valued and/or is concerned with.
- if we agree with the foundational definitions and more importantly, what’s left out.