Topic: Culture and Visual Design and Personas
Read for Class:
All online links that open in a new window. None of them are lengthy. Skim.
- How your brain understands visuals
- 6 reasons the infographics is wrong enough to be convincing
- 13 reasons your brain craves infographics
- how to create an infographic
- Pie chart study
- Meloncon personas and worksheet (Typically, I do not have students read my academic work. However, this piece on personas is both theoretical and practical and I’m kind of proud of the worksheet.)
Do for class:
- Take some time to look around and READ some of the resources for understanding audience.
- Be certain you have read the Background A-C Gap and Part 1
- discuss readings as they pertain to A-C Gap Part 1
- begin working on audience analysis and personas for assignment
- data visualization playing cards