Bureau of labor statistics
The projected percent change in employment from 2016 to 2026. The average growth rate for all occupations is 7 percent.
Technical writers: 11%
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers: 10%
Health educators: 16%
instructional coordinators: 11%
training and development specialists: 11%
web developers: 15%
writers and authors: 8%
public relations specialist (includes social media specialists): 9%
social and community service managers: 18%
CNN Money and Pay Scale https://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/
Demand for IT security consultants are projected to grow a solid 37% between 2012 and 2022. From their 2017 survey.
Content strategist: 32%
e-learning specialist: 8%
social media manager: 9%
user interface designer: 27%
user experience designer: 13%
US News Best Jobs
Of course technical writer ranks among the best.
Reports that could provide insights and value for various arguments
Humanities Indicators of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. “The Humanities in American Life: Insights from a 2019 Survey of the Public’s Attitudes & Engagement ” 2020. general editor, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, https://www.amacad.org/humanities-indicators/survey-public-perceptions-humanities.
includes a section on the humanities in the workplace included reading, writing, use of a language other than English, working with and understanding others, and applying a historical perspective to a task.
- speaks to employers wanting to hire students with internship experience
- cumulative final project
- multiple writing assignments
Hmmmm…..we may know degrees that do that!
- 14 Jobs for English Majors That Pay At Least $60,000 (Forbes)
- Want a Job With That English Degree? (Corrigan Literary Review)
- Turning to the Humanities in Times of Crisis (The Baltimore Sun)
- How Humanities Degrees Cultivate Marketable Business Skills (Entrepreneur)
- Surprise: Humanities Degrees Provide Great Return On Investment (Forbes)