Look through the examples below. Pick out three and analyze them for audience and design.
What design elements stand out most to you in each set of instructions? Think about the medium (i.e., video, text only, visuals only, a combination). Think about graphics and language. Look at style. Who do you think the target audience is for the instruction? Why? What characteristics of design tell you about the audience?
- CcHost Content Management System Manual
- Inaugural Luncheon Recipes
- Preserving Photos from Old Books on Wikipedia
- Instructions for Building Q*bert
- Instructions for Enlarging a Photo
- Instructions for Making an Origami Fish
- Instructions for Replacing the Battery in an iPhone 7