Defining Collaboration Exercise
As you begin the work in teams, it’s important to come up with a definition of collaboration that encompasses the purpose, goals, and objectives of working together on a project. To help you develop an understanding of what it means to collaborate and what team actions help collaborations to be successful, read the following articles and answer the following questions.
- How Workplace Collaboration Can Change Your Company
- Collaboration Definition, Skills, and Examples
- The Virtual Work Skills You Need — Even If You Never Work Remotely
- Define workplace collaboration.
- Why collaborate? What are the benefits?
- List at least five characteristics and/or criteria for a successful collaboration? What actions do team members need to take to achieve collaborative goals?
Look at the similarities and differences between your work and the work of your peers. Do you see elements of their definitions and lists that should be taken into account? In your opinion, what actions in your peers’ lists are the most important actions for ensuring success, and why?