The following exercises are designed to help students develop the discrete skills needed to write about applied research. The last four exercises help students better understand research within reports, as well as different ways of conducting primary research online.
These exercises are listed in skill-building order and can also be used separately as your needs demand.
- Analysis of Research-Based Report
- Researching a Topic
- Creating Research Questions
- The Lionfish problem (practice writing with research)
- Impacted Populations
- Research Report Exercises
- Using the Tweet Map to Conduct Online Research
- Voyant Tools to Analyze Text
- Online Primary Research: From Exploring to Creating
- Applied Research
- Primary and Secondary Research (Discussion)
- Developing Decision Criteria
- Developing Problem Statements
- Analysis of Research Based Report
- Evaluating Solutions–Feasibility
You can also adopt any of the job market research activities to fit this project in a way that’s beneficial to your students.