Study design: what is research and defining terms
Read for Class:
- Research is not linear
- Skim through the assignments
- Read the schedule overview particularly about reading (and know there is a journal list to help with your task of finding things)
Do for class:
- Answer the following questions and send me replies by Wednesday, January 11 at 5:00pm (so I have time to consider them before class on Thursday):
- How would you define research? Research methodology? Research methods? research practice?
- In a short paragraph, tell me what research you have done as a student or on the job?
- What is it that you want to learn about research? Any particular method, theoretical frame, or something different?
- What is research and the research enterprise
- Definitions of parts of research
- research study design; methodology, methods, practices
- how we’re going to go about doing things in this course