Introduction to Data Visualizations
This exercise will familiarize you with how to gather and work with numerical data, and how to choose the right type of visualization for the data you collect.
With your partner, you will collect a set of quantitative data.
- How long does it take to get to take elevator vs. climbing the stairs based on multiple tries and floors of origin?
- What’s the squirrel to tree ratio?
- What is the distance between your building on campus and student parking v. employee parking?
- What types of food and drink are offered in on campus vending machines?
When you return from collecting your data, explain:
- What the data visualization shows
- Why you picked that visualization format
- How you used design elements such as color and font to make your visualization effective