The Recommendation Report project is aimed at helping students work through an actionable solution to a real-world problem. First, students identify a local, real-world issue. Once identified, they undergo a process of in-depth collaborative research and writing that culminates in a detailed written report and oral presentation suggesting one realistic, feasible solution to the problem they chose.
Some general pedagogical goals of the project are:
- Analyzing audience and purpose
- Composing for a specific audience and purpose with a tailored writing style
- Creating and integrating visuals
- Engagement in significant research
- Participation in collaborative work
The scope and dynamics of this project are highly adaptable across TPC courses and curricula—engineering, business, health sciences, urban planning, sustainability, etc.
Below are some materials for the recommendation report project: