October 15, 2019
Read for Class:
- Craig, C. L. & Perryman-Clark, S. (2011). Troubling the boundaries: (de)constructing WPA identities at the intersections of race and gender. WPA: Writing Program Administration, 34(2), 37-58.
- Garcia, R. and Baca, D. (2019). Rhetoric of elsewhere and otherwise: Contested modernities, decolonial visions. Urbana, IL: NCTE and CCCC. 41410SampleChapter
- Isaacs, E. (2018). Writing at State U: Instruction and administration at 106 comprehensive universities. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press (ebook from the library: skim Chapter 1 and 6)
Do for class:
- bring in an article from your area of being a teacher/scholar/practitioner that relates to knowledge in action and the idea of administration of FYC programs. Have a short paragraph summary of it written down. If you are working on a more practically applied project then focus your search on middle management and strategies for change management.
- consider ways that the readings this week intersect and complement Inoue’s address from last week
- guest: Matt Dowell
- discussion of the readings
- share your readings highlights
- share your own short paragraph summaries
- prepare questions for guest speaker next week