Bureau of labor statistics
The projected percent change in employment from 2016 to 2026. The average growth rate for all occupations is 7 percent.
Technical writers: 11%
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers: 10%
Health educators: 16%
instructional coordinators: 11%
training and development specialists: 11%
web developers: 15%
writers and authors: 8%
public relations specialist (includes social media specialists): 9%
social and community service managers: 18%
CNN Money and Pay Scale https://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/
Demand for IT security consultants are projected to grow a solid 37% between 2012 and 2022. From their 2017 survey.
Content strategist: 32%
e-learning specialist: 8%
social media manager: 9%
user interface designer: 27%
user experience designer: 13%
US News Best Jobs
Of course technical writer ranks among the best.
Reports that could provide insights and value for various arguments
- speaks to employers wanting to hire students with internship experience
- cumulative final project
- multiple writing assignments
Hmmmm…..we may know degrees that do that!
- 14 Jobs for English Majors That Pay At Least $60,000 (Forbes)
- Want a Job With That English Degree? (Corrigan Literary Review)
- Turning to the Humanities in Times of Crisis (The Baltimore Sun)
- How Humanities Degrees Cultivate Marketable Business Skills (Entrepreneur)
- Surprise: Humanities Degrees Provide Great Return On Investment (Forbes)