Topic: Teaching Strategies
Read for Class:
- Miller, c. R. (1984). Genre as social action. Quarterly Journal of Speech, 70, 151-167.
- Miller, C. (2015). Genres as social action (1984), revisited 30 years later (2014). Letras & Letras, 31(3), n.p.
- Genre summary of sorts from Genres across borders
- Wolfe, J. (2009). How technical communication textbooks fail engineering students. Technical Communication Quarterly, 18(4), 351.
- Morrison, R. (2017). Teaching toward the telos of critical thinking: Genre in business communication. Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, 80(4), 460-472.
guest speaker: Meredith Singleton
- discussion of textbook review as it relates to teaching strategies
- discussion of readings
- consider readings on strategies as compared to research you’ve read